This is Post Number 95. But what does that mean? I’ve reblogged & press-this’d in my Share category 27 times, so I’ve composed 68 posts.
Of these 68:
- 6 are in my I Do This For Me subcategory. It might become its own & move out of its category’s house. These posts are The Daily Post challenge pieces & some personal challenges, namely golf & garden. I hope to continue the Weekly Writing Challenge to approach my topic with a fresh perspective. The Weekly Photo Challenge is just fun: I have a 2MP camera & no experience with anything but Paint & Pixlr. My garden is still there, but golf…well, let’s just say, no matter what I try, I hit the ball the same distance with the driver thru to the pitching wedge.
- 4 are in my Entertainment category: 1 novel, 1 pop song, 1 radio commercial, & 1 theory about children’s movies. I do words and this is where I’d like to share what I find in the language: the forest & the trees. So much of what we see & hear has abuse underlying. I hope to continue to expose what we accept as ordinary as evidence abuse is a fashionable subject/approach to subjects. It’s not always central; sometimes it’s so subtle that without that one sentence it would just be ordinary.
- 30 are in my Court category: 13 in Court, 10 in the custody subcategory, & 7 in the final judgement subcategory. This is where I try to explore what happened leading up to, during, & as a result of the divorce going before Judge Dennis Craig. When I started, my original vision included using this category along with abuse categories to organize myself for future hearings. I hope to continue to parse thru the final judgement, the original filing for custody, and the time in the courtroom to understand how justice and safety weren’t achieved.
- 17 are in my A Day in a Life category, aka General (but general is so boring). These posts cover ah ha moments & general topics with an abuse focus. I hope to continue to reach outside my own experiences. I also write about my dealings with Donkey and maybe I can find a way to make it suck less.
- 29 are in my Abuse category, but only 11 rest solely in that file. I tattle here in as much detail as I can at the time. Many times I push publish knowing there are missing pieces; pieces I know but can’t share yet, don’t remember yet, or won’t expose yet. I hope to make sense of the tangle of abuse, but to untie a complicated knot one must fit at one section, move to another, & then return for the release.
Abuse is my platform. Call it domestic violence, intimate partner violence, emotional abuse, family violence, bullying, or violence against women abuse by one person against another is what I cover. I write how I speak, but with more attention grammar (I don’t, or rather haven’t, gone back to correct anything missed). I hope sometimes I’m funny, because I try sometimes to be funny, tho not in a make a joke of something not funny kind of funny, but using humor as a mechanism.
I’m pleased to see in my assessment of posts so far that I haven’t strayed too much from my original vision, only widened it, but I’m still a freshman writer. This is post number ninety-five, seriously, not even triple digits yet. And, I can’t honestly take credit for all 95 because I’ve had little to say in the majority of the Share posts.
I look to my seniors for direction. I follow survivors I admire for their clarity & survivors I admire for their honesty. I follow feminist writers, criminologists, & visual & verbal storytellers too. I follow categories, & I search topics.
I’m a freshman in this wide world of writing. It’s pretty obvious. I’m still totally in awe when I see a star in the corner & I think it’s totally wild that someone in Pakistan, South Africa, & The Republic of Korea has happened upon my Home page.
I’m a freshman writer & I don’t know what will signify sophomore status, but whatever it is and whenever it comes, it will come with better writing, clearer focus, and more engagement. Goal. Stated.