Weekly Writing Challenge: Wrap It Up
The year is almost over. Maybe even the world; but who has time for that? My first post was this year, March 6. Since then I have composed 170 posts and published
166 167 168. Through those composition conundrums I have grown.
- In January I was afraid for my life and filed a request for a restraining order.
- In February I was denied the restraining order and learned the value of lying to a lawyer.
- In March I started Deliberate Donkey.
- In April I lost custody of my children and was allowed only one more month as their mother.
- In May I gave my children to the man who beat me so bad he fractured 7 bones in my back.
- In June I was angry.
- In July I pretended I wasn’t.
- In August I was angry.
- In September I got a new job and relocated to be closer to my children.
- In October I hated everyone and everything.
- In November I gave up.
- In December I regained myself.
It’s been a year of hell, horror, and hiding. It’s been a year of crying, screaming, and fighting. It’s been a year of death and rebirth. I barely squeaked in the rebirth. Whatever happened, snapped, in my brain in November has turned this year from a year of loss to a year of strength. I can say now that I have survived and I will thrive. Which is a massive improvement over January when all I could say was I think he’s going to kill me, or May when all I could say was I wish he had killed me when he had the chance, or August when all I could say was I never should have left him.